G.O. Team Namibia 2007

Oui, Oui Paris!

The journey so far has been quite the adventure. Our resident bartender, Jackie, was serving up drinks from the galley… you can take the girl out of the bar, but not the bartender out of the girl. After a 6 ½ sleepless (and man, did we try) plane ride we landed in Paris. The original “plan” was to go to the Ibis Hotel and rent one room to store all our gear so we could venture out into the city. Let me tell you, things in France are much easier said than done & praise God that He sent Dorothy along on this trip… she has been an amazing asset with her knowledge of French. We finally found the correct bus and an Ibis Hotel, not the one we had spoken to on the phone … but it worked out better because they allowed us to store our luggage in a closet just for a tip!!

Then the adventure continued with Mike & Dorothy leading the way. And there was plenty of humor in that for the crew of 18 over-tired and giddy peeps… a true planes, trains and automobiles… ummm I mean buses… Believe it or not we were serenaded by a couple of accordion players and a tambourine player. I suppose it’s a dance team prerequisite! We found a wonderful café with great sandwiches and the most amazing strawberry tart thing (well worth the 25,000,000 points… heck, I’m in Paris!!). We then ventured to Notre Dame. Then off to see the Eiffel Tower. I am still amazed that I am actually in Paris. It’s much different than I thought it would be. It’s a bit dirtier with lots of graffiti coming into the city, but still beautiful. I would love to return one day and spend more time seeing the sites.

Now we sit at the terminal… we are so spent and tired from today’s adventure that we decided to come to the airport 5 hours early so that we could chill, find some dinner & I could take some time to post.

Check out the pics from the journey thus far --> at the link to the right.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What were the accordion player's names? Florian dejavu! Is that word French? I don't know, I took Spanish in high school! Glad you guys are having a good time. Hope you get some sleep! Maybe bartender Jackie can help with that!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, it's Becky! I want to come to Africa next time! I miss you all. Hi Jackie! Christine, you rock! Love you Dad! See you later.

LeAnne said...

Glad things are going well so far... I'll keep praying for you all. I'm glad to be able to follow you :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE hearing from you guys! make sure to say hi to everybody when you get to namibia! when you land you will probably get this so i hope you had a nice flight and tell me what you thought of the flight ( molly and erin) when you get this!
-mike

Anonymous said...

So Jaime...how did you survive the 6 hour flight?? you're sure smiling in Paris!!! hopefully you will all get some zzzz's on the way to Namibia...hope your flight is good...praying and thinking about all of you!!! Keep smiling!!! luv ya...mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Mimi and steph and everyone! Its lori and i wanted to make sure that everything was going great! I hope all of u r having a lot of fun! It sounds like u have already been through a lot! Be safe! Love u all!

Lori

Don said...

For those who may want to know..., in chatting online with Brenda at HPOM in Arandis, she said Darin did call and said all arrived safely and everything made it through Customs. Well, maybe except for a bag or two that are still unaccounted for.

dreamer said...

Mike and G - I am glad to hear you are in Paris safe. I hope you are enjoying yourself - PS I already have a pencil from Paris.

Anonymous said...

So who is missing their bag?

Don said...

Brenda didn't know but it will most certainly show up...it always seems to.

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa,
Where are the pictures. We need pictures please. Love, Mom


All content is ©2007 Christ's Church of Amherst