G.O. Team Namibia 2007

Shout Outs

HI EVERYONE! Thank you Mike for leaving us comments! I’m having an awesome time here, but I miss all of you a lot. Mike – tell Matt I found Red Bull and tell Christina to try to stay sane while I’m gone. I love you all, I miss you all, and I’ll be seeing you soon. And oh yeah, say hello and I love you to my parents as well, haha.
Love, MOLLY!!!!

Hey mom and dad it’s Jaime and Steph! We miss you but we’re having an amazing time. Jaime hates 10 hour long plane rides and will not be returning on one so please send a boat to pick her up. The Metro in Paris hates Ton and she hates it in return :-) Say hi to bisabuela for us. Love, J and T

So most of my family is here with me…. but hi dad! Tell the cats I say hi, and I hope Seth is still alive… I guess :-) Everything is good so far, I wish I had more blankets though, what else is new? Hope everything is still just as exciting in NH as when we left! Hi friends! Love, Steph L

Hey everyone, me and Dennise are doing good, and having a good time. Dad don’t have to much fun mowing those lawns and going to Conway, tell the Gourdeaus and everyone else we say hello. Denny is being a mother to everyone and I’m just having fun. I got beat up by monkey mountain today and the pineapple fanta is amazing as always. Brit, Stash, and Livi I miss you guys! And ricky I hope you figured out how to comment! Byee, Casey

Hey everyone! Who knew I’d be shivering so much in Africa, I guess I should have listened to what other told me more closely. I love it here though, something completely different but so amazing. Anddd, there’s no humidity here! So have fun sweating back in New Hampshire! Love to my friends, family, and anyone else who may be reading this! I can’t wait to tell y’all about it :-) LOVE, Erin.

Hey everyone! (Shaw’s, Mariany’s, Hallowell’s, Vernet’s, and Ryan’s haha) I miss you all and I hope you are all doing good. Africa is great, I actually got up wicked early to see the sunrise, it was really cool but really cold :-) Okay, well I’m off to play with some kids so love you guys!!!
Love, Amanda S

Hi there Mike, Emily, Luke, Ethan, Nicholas, Louise, Claudette et al. – Greeting from Namibia. Made it safely here Wed Africa time. All is well! Who would imagine having cold feet at this time in a sleeping bag in Namibia?!?!? What an amazing place! Emily, this is a great place for stars in the sky at night – no other lights except the moon – crystal clear! Climb (very short) Monkey Mountain this morning to see the sun rise. That’s it for now.- will be traveling to Arundis on the coast tomorrow. They do have a variety of peanut butters here. Love to all, Dorothy XXXXXOOOOOOOxxxxxxxxxxoooooooo
All comments are welcome.

Hello to all the HDHS crew!!!! – Suzanne, Jane, Michelle, Jon, et al – We made it !!!!! and so did Dennise!-no one would have ever guessed that two years ago she was adamant that she would NEVER fly that long over 10,000 miles!!!!! The kids are great!! Lots of “eye openers” !!!! It takes an experience such as this to realize how good we have it! Such warm and wonderful people who are passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives! And miracles do happen!!!!
That’s all for now….to be continued!!!

Hola! Sonciary, I miss you so, there are so many things already I wish you could be here to share. Also, it’s quite cold, and Mike is no good at keeping me warm. Dieter and Joan send their love, he has had many wonderful things to say about you :-). XOXO + lots of love to Chico. Mom and Dad, miss you and love you both, so much to share with you. Jason Roaf, I have had a Grapetizer for you, and am gaining converts. More to come! – Kevin.

Hallo hoe gaan dit? its me Toivo. Just wanted to send a shout out to all the 2005 and 2006 crew, Rebecca, Al, Colin, Chawla, Mj. I miss you guys and hope you come again to this beautiful country. This year is a lot different from last year…... well, there are only 5 guys and the rest are ladies, YO! Chawla, sorry India lost South Africa the other day! Mj hope you come next year, so we could climb some mountain or something! Toivo

Check back later, I will be adding more updates tonight! Also, I made it to the internet cafe... check out a few picks... Thanks for all the comments!! The team loves to hear from you!! Love ~G

18 comments:

Gary said...

Jaime...I'll work on the boat thing. the plane is probably a better option~ You'll make it~ Steph - cant imagine what happened on the Paris Metro...

You seem to be doing well~ miss you both...

Love Dad

Anonymous said...

Hi Manda,

Thanks for writing. We miss you! Hug those kids for me, especially Cecelia if you find her. Proud of you.

Anonymous said...

G..thanks for the amazing pictures...those are what keep us parents at home knowing that our kids are ok...can't help but notice that both my girls are "smiling" in all the photos...which makes me believe they are having an amazing time!! so glad they're together!! Jackie...I was wondering if you were there but I finally saw you in pictures!!! hope everyone is well!! miss you and thinking of you!!! take care...till next time

Anonymous said...

Hey Kat! It's your little sister :] How are you? I miss you so much. Jameson says he misses you sooo much. HE GOT IN A CAR ACCIDENT! He got a concusion and a broken rib but don't worry he is definately fine. I also got a concusion because i was swinging on a rope swing down by the Merrimack River and i slipped off, my back hit the ground and then my head smashed wicked hard on the ground and left an indent. i curled over on my stomach and all i could hear was ringing noise and then i fell back onto my back and was out for 3 minutes. Don't worry about me either though. I'm fine too. Just a little sore. :/ Jameson and I, we're accidents waiting to happen hahaha. Well Jama said to call him at his house number which is: 1-978-208-1808. Call me too and update me on your trip! I miss you soooo much and i hope your having fun! Love you,
- your little sis.

Anonymous said...

Erin:

It is so good to hear from you and to see all the pictures that are posted. My personal favorites are the ones of you dancing in front of the Eiffel Tower and then sleeping in the airport! I can't even begin to imagine the experiences you are having right now. Can't wait to hear all about it! We love and miss you! Stay warm!!! (Did you know that it was 98 degrees here the other day?)

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hello my love. I miss you! I took Chico to doggy day camp to get groomed last Wednesday. Every other day he's been at work with me. I made a little bed of pillows for him here. He misses you. Tyrone and Rosalita are doing well. I was up until 4 am last night. When was the last time I did that?! It's been very hot here so I haven't painted at all yet (no ventilation). Last Tuesday morning when I went to drive to work, the Honda conked out on me! It is getting a new muffler today. In the meantime, I'm driving the truck. Lisa's coming over tonight and I'm going to spend part of the weekend with the family at the lake house.

Tell Dieter and Joan I say hello and that I miss them very much. That's all for now. I'm praying for you.

xo
s

Anonymous said...

Germaine, we're thinking and praying for you and all your friends! I want you to know how amazing I think you are and how proud I am of you!! I'll think of you tonight when i look up at our sky, I'm sure I'll see your smilin' reflection there!
I LOVE YOU!
-me
(laura & jason)

Anonymous said...

Hey Kat,
Are you there? You're not in any pictures & you're not mentioned anywhere. Did you make it? We're starting to wonder. Give us a shout out, please.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Melissa I love you.

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Mimi and everyone! (again) I miss u! I am glad amanda that u got to see the sunrise! Take pics for me k? haha! Have fun with all of the little kids who r so fortunate to have u there with them! I love u and cant wait to see u and talk to u!

Love
Lori

Anonymous said...

Amanda L.!

I love the picture of you with Xena! Give her a hug for me! So is my Amanda braiding your hair? It looks very pretty! The girls say hi.

Anonymous said...

Hey Every one
How was Paris? Thought you would loose Casey there in the fasion world. Glad she made it to africa. Got 2 new big jobs over the weekend so I wont have a day off until the 6th of July. Just barley making it with out you. Hope your having a great time.

Love Dad.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you guys are having a good time.....im trying my best to live vicariosly (i think thats how you spell it) though you guys ....let dieter and joan write some comments!!! i want to hear from them too!...molly i will be sure to tell every one everything...and xtina is doing ok....she aperently has cried alot but that is to be expected....al tried to have a party last night for naomi and it kinda bombed :(....toivo it was a rave so u would have enjoyed it....erin ...I TOLD YOU IT WAS GOING TO BE COLD!!!! but thats the same thing that happened to me....and i LOVED the fact that there was no humidity either......i am so glad you guys are having a good time and i cant wait to see some more pictures....give everyone my love and i hope to see you soon and in one piece...

-mike

Anonymous said...

Hi Mom (Dorothy),
We couldn't figure out how to post anything...and wondering if you were going to check email at all. The house is still in one piece. Went to Mark Knipe's but they were closed for a week, so it will be a while longer before I can get that sized. I might be going to Chicago earlier than planned...any chance you'll get to email?
Make sure you look for the Southern Cross. You won't get too many opportunities to see it. I think it looks more like a kite. It's like the bigger dipper of the southern sky so someone should be able to point it out.

Love emily

Anonymous said...

Hey Toivo, it's great to hear from you. Hope you enjoy the fun and fellowship this time around to. God Bless.

Colin

Unknown said...

manda & steph

hi! i hope you guys are having fun! i miss you guys =[ Happy early 4th of July!! haha stay cool.

Love,
Alyssa

Anonymous said...

Hey Kat,

I'm so glad you shouted out to me and Serge and Miss Ruby....we're happy to hear your adventure is going well and from the writings, it sounds like everyday is a breath of fresh air and humbling experiences. We check everyday for more information, so keep it coming...About us, Miss Ruby now officially has 2 bottom teeth. No, she hasn't bit me yet, but I'm sure it's coming...Serge is doing well, as always. I'm doing well and look forward to hearing all the details of your trip. Like I said, keep the shout outs coming and the daily stories. They're great and believe it or not, I'm learning a thing or two from your writings, such as what an Oryx looks like and what it is....

We love you tons!
Serge, Tina & Miss Ruby

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin: It makes me very proud to know that you are participating in this wonderful mission trip that will affect the lives of many African children...I cannot wait to hear about your experiences... take lots of pictures and notes. Just an FYI... it was 115 degrees today here in Phoenix... shivering? Not here. Love, Uncle Mike...


All content is ©2007 Christ's Church of Amherst