G.O. Team Namibia 2007

CRAP!!! :-(

btw... crap is a swear in Namibia... & that is how I feel!!

Just got the news a little bit ago... we were all preparing to hear the boarding call for our flight in 15 minutes. We had just finished up reading comments... life was good. I went for my "final" trip to the ladies room, I came out ready to grab my contacts so that I could put them in... suddenly I hear "Well, I got snacks!" and everyone giggled. For those of you that know Jackie that particular phrase is mentioned on a daily basis so I didn't think too much of it. As I was reaching for my contacts Kevin said "did you hear the news??" He then proceeded to tell me that the flight was delayed... until 11:15pm... 11:15PM!!! That is 12 hours from the time we found out!!

Please pray for the team... everyone is so anxious to get home... the look of sadness on people's faces is depressing. Also, please pray that there is something the airline will be willing to do to help make this delay more comfortable... but most of all... please pray for the mechanics working on the plane and that the issue will be resolved and our flight home is worry-free.

I also posted some more pics... Just so you know, I really have no idea what is up there (I only was able to post some at various times through out the trip), I will be posting more and organizing them better once I get back, but for now... the newest pics are in the back of the "On The Ground" album and I have added some to the "Etosha Debrief" album.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Group,
It is unfortunate about the delay. Remember, life is about the choices you make. You can choose to make the most of it & be cheerful, or you can choose to be grumpy! I have found, especially when you can't change things, that it is always better to choose cheerful. We love you all & are praying for your safe return. Can't wait to see you.

Love Betsy

Anonymous said...

Please tell Casey I checked with her jobs. She is off this weekend and not to worry about coming in late. I'm all packed and we'll head North soon after you arrive home. Have a safe trip.

Love Dad.

Anonymous said...

hopefully you checked both jobs, but i dont think i will be going north so soon. i hhave to go to see darin play 10 new songs friday night. but maybe in the morning!

Anonymous said...

I don't want to be the deliverer of bad news but I just saw on the Air France website that they are now not due in until 2:30 AM! Yikes! Can't wait to see you, Erin!

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi all.....just want to say we're thinking and praying for you...keep your spirits up....remember we're all going to be there for you....it's just as hard for us as it is for you...if anything...this is the team for this to happen to because you definitely are a 'TEAM"....WE LOVE YOU ALL AND ARE PROUD OF YOU!!! see you all soon!!!!! PROMISE!!! ...denise

Anonymous said...

Just got off of Air France Web site. It appears they have rescheduled the flight to arrive in Boston at 1050am on the 13th. The new fight number they posted is AF332A.

Anonymous said...

Does anybody know anything about when they are actually coming in to Boston? Erin's cell phone died in the middle of our conversation. The Air France site now says that they have no information about Flight AF332A but Flight 332 is scheduled to come in at 3:05PM? If anyone has communicated with the team, please post ANY info you may have!

Thanks,
Erin's Mom

Anonymous said...

I looked on the Air France website. If you put in the arrival on July 12, it says 10:50am. If you put in the arrival on July 13, it says 3:05pm. It seems like there are two different flights with the same flight number. I also put in 332 because 332A wouldn't come up. If I hear anything, I'll post it!

Anonymous said...

Actually, 332A arriving the 12th comes up 10:50am and 3:05pm. 332A arriving the 13th doesn't come up. 332 arriving the 12th says both times, and 332 arriving the 13th says 3:05pm. What a mess!

Don said...

...and I thought having it take 12 hours to get from Laguardia to Manchester was tough last time I was coming home from Namibia.

I concede. Your airline horror story beats mine!

Actually, flight issues seem to happen to Karen quite a bit. Are you sure she is not on your flight? I thought she was in Dallas?

Anonymous said...

don....just not funny at this point

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa,

What time do I pick you up? The lastest flight time is saying 3 pm not 10:50. Is it still 332 or is it changed to 332A. Help I don't know when to get you. Maybe I could catch a flight from Boston to Paris pick you up and we will be home before the flight you are scheduled to come on arrives. ha ha This is as bad as waiting for someone to have a baby, you never know when it will arrive. I love you and can't wait to see you. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Melissa,

I called your work and your not on this weeks schedule. Next weeks is not posted yet so you are good until at least Monday, not that you want to stay in Paris until then but I thought I'd let you know. See you soon. Love, Mom

Darin said...

Greetings all!

It's 7:42AM here in Paris. The team spent the night (or at least 5 hours of it by the time we got there) in a really nice Paris hotel. We are all managing to laugh about this now. We're also learning to cuss in French... as there were some very angry people here last night. At one point, I worried that a mob scene would erupt. Gotta love this place.

We are back at the gate looking at a plane... so, we'll hope for the best. The news is that we are flight AF332A, scheduled into Boston around 10:50AM. We really look forward to seeing you all. Your notes have been an encouragement. Thanks. See you soon.


All content is ©2007 Christ's Church of Amherst