G.O. Team Namibia 2007

On the road again...

It’s been a LONG couple of days… days of sitting in the car for hours on end traveling from Arandis to Okahandja and then to Etosha, back to Okahandja and finally to Windhoek. In the scheme of things we were in the car for 3 days straight. Now we are sitting in the Paris airport. The last few days have been tough as we were realizing that it all was coming to an end and we couldn’t take Toivo with us. I will forever be thinking of some of the things he has said and be laughing inside. We always state that we will not leave team members behind, but with this one there is no choice. I will forever remember the look in his eyes as he said good-bye to me (about five times) with an “I’ll see you next time”. For me… that was the hardest part of this trip. I’ve been less emotional in the scheme of things… there were a couple of conflicts which caused me to close up a bit, but all in all it was amazing. I’ll go into more details about how amazing the trip has been at another time.

Everyone was quite spent during the last few days. It seems like we were non-stop this time around. In Etosha people were falling asleep in the car except for the big game encounters. Mike’s combie was the only one that saw lions, my combie saw a hyena during daylight as well as a close encounter with 3 elephants that mock charged and then the teenager in the group had to show how “cool” he was by trumpeting at us… I was sure to tell Toivo that that elephant reminded me of him. The people in my combie thought that Darin’s combie was going to have a view of us getting trampled, but I had no fear of that… Dieter was driving and he could’ve gotten us away if needed. Anyway… I am going to stop typing for now and get online to post this so that I will have time to grab comments and read them before my battery decides to quit. See you soon!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey dad mom AND i are in the airport in france waiting to board. hope to see you in boston. miss you! and if they make it through customs you may begetting a nice suprise!


All content is ©2007 Christ's Church of Amherst